I'm sure you've often thought about what makes you happy or perhaps wondered where happiness comes from?
Most of us want to feel happy about our lives even if we’re not happy all the time. We want the same from our lives outside of work and the work we do.
Today’s guest is Mike Robbins, thought leader, sought after speaker, and the author of four books including Bring Your Whole Self to Work. In this conversation we talk about how personal development is becoming more acceptable within the work environment, how disappointment and tragedy in Mike’s own life forced him to re-think at a relatively young age about what would really make him happy and fulfilled and how to change the story you tell yourself about yourself.
We also dig in to what it means to be vulnerable. It’s a word that’s used a lot but, even though I talk about it, I had a rather limited idea of what it meant until this conversation with Mike. It’s not just about revealing your soft underbelly. It’s much more empowering than that!
You will enjoy this conversation if you’re interested in:
- How to feel good about the life you have today
- How to respond to setbacks in your life
- How to choose your own path when life throws you a curveball
- Bringing your whole self to work
- What it really means to be vulnerable
- The importance of taking risks and living with uncertainty if you want to achieve something that matters to you