Making the right career decisions - which company, what salary, how many hours, remote or office based, climb the ladder or do a job that isn't too demanding - and ensuring that it fits with everything else that matters to you in life is COMPLICATED! And it requires SKILLS! Skills you didn't learn at school.
- How do you negotiate a pay rise?
- How do you ask about maternity leave at a job interview?
- How can you express both that the work is important to you AND so is taking care of your parents/kids/dogs/golf handicap?
Lauren McGoodwin is CEO and Founder of Career Contessa, a US-based recruitment site and a lot, lot more! She is the new face of recruitment - Lauren recognised that a woman's career search is hugely different than a man's. So, she built a service that reflects and embraces those differences.
In this interview, we talk about:
- The gender pay gap between women and WOMEN;
- how women job search differently; and
- the importance of we, as women, having each other's backs.
There are some surprising stats about that towards the end of the interview. Be sure to check out Career Contessa and have a look at their courses and articles for some great tips for getting the career you want. Stay in touch with us on social media (@brilliantgamble) and on our website where you'll find articles, more podcast episodes and details of where we are in the world!