Maxwell Ivey describes himself as the Blind Blogger. Born in to a carnival family, he became blind in his teens but has never let it stop him doing what he wanted to do.
He’s now not only a successful businessman but an inspirational speaker, coach and podcaster, helping people follow their dreams just as he has done. He wasn’t always someone who thought he could do anything. But he’s learnt not only what he’s capable of but that just because you can do a thing doesn’t mean you should!
I wanted to talk to Maxwell because we’ve all got excuses for why we can’t do something - whether it’s our age, our health, our experience, our education (or lack of it), our financial situation, our family’s opinions, our self-critical voice. In our conversation we talk about
- The questions you should ask yourself before you take the leap
- How to deal with your own limiting ideas.
- Making assumptions
- Being “real”
- Overwhelm when you start thinking about everything there is to do to achieve your goal
- Working out what you can do and what you should do
- Evolving what you do based on what people are asking you to do
- Continually questioning whether you’re doing what you want to be doing
- Changing your mind
- Weight loss tips
- Finding the positive moments in the day
- Creating stories in your life from unintentional adventures!
You can find out more about Maxwell including his blogs, books, podcasts and how to work with him on his website.
Also, remember to visit our website to find out more about the Brilliant Gamble Online programme designed to help you get out of your own way and make changes to your life and work. Stay in touch with us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.